Sister of Christian Charity Margaritis (Catherine) Kullowitch, 81, died early in the morning of May 23 at NorthShore Hospice in Skokie Hospital in Skokie.
Born in Chicago, she was received into the novitiate in 1955. She made her first vows in 1957 and her perpetual vows in 1963.
She taught at St. Theresa, Palatine; St. Martha, Morton Grove; and St. Gregory School, as well as at schools in other states. She also helped with the SCC Literacy Program at Josephinum Convent and the religious education program at St. Mary of Celle, Berwyn.
In 2014, Sister Margaritis was assigned to Sacred Heart Convent in Wilmette.
Sister of Charity of Cincinnati Rose William Herzog, 90, died June 2 in Ohio.
Born in Ohio, she was a Sister of Charity for 68 years.
After serving in Ohio and Michigan, she taught at Holy Ghost, South Holland (1966-1982).
She then returned to Ohio.
Adrian Dominican Sister Dorothy Jeanne (James Marie) Burns, 98, died June 6 in Adrian, Michigan. Born in Michigan, she was in the 80th year of her religious life.
Sister Dorothy Jeanne spent 50 years ministering in education in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio.
In the Archdiocese of Chicago, she taught at St. Columbanus (1940), Our Lady of Good Counsel (1949-1941) and St. Celestine, Elmwood Park (1942-1945).
Adrian Dominican Sister Lorraine (Johneda) Pepin, 84, died June 8 in Adrian, Michigan.
Born in Michigan, she was in the 64th year of her religious life.
She ministered in Illinois, Michigan, Iowa and Florida.
In the Archdiocese of Chicago, she taught at Our Lady of Good Counsel (1953-1954), St. Columbanus (1955-1957) and St. Carthage (1957-1958).